Sometimes the details in Torah are easily overlooked; but many of them are most revealing for the man who searches the scriptures as he searches for silver and fine gold. The story of Noahâ€™s ark is one of them. Here is a pop quiz.
The movie “Noah’s Ark” is just like the story! (Ha – I make me laugh!)
Noah’s woman (Naamah) was the daughter of Lemech, a descendent of Cain, the son of Adam; and the man who killed Cain and his own son, Tubal-Cain.
Yasher says that Naamah was 82 years older than Noah.
How many years did it take to build the ark?
How many animals went with Noah?
- One male and one female (one pair)
- Two males and two females (two pairs)
- Two pairs of the unclean birds and animals (behemah)
and five pairs of the clean birds and animals
How did Noah find all the animals?
- The women found them while the guys built the ark
- Noah and his sons searched high and low
- They all came to Noah and bowed down to him
Noah and his household were allowed into the ark because:
- Noah walked with God (Yehovah was his only Elohim (lawmaker and judge).
- They were all righteous in the sight of Yehovah.
- Noah’s woman was righteous in the sight of Yehovah.
How old was Noah when he entered the ark?
Who shut the door of the ark?
- Noah and his sons
- Noah’s woman
When did the flood begin?
- Just after Passover (a.k.a.the time of life)
- Just after 2nd Passover
- Just after Shavuot
Well, the answers to these questions and many more are all talked about in this segment of my “join us for Sabbath” video teachings.
2G09 Genesis 7 & Yasher 6
[Click here to download this audio mp3]
Copyright Â© 2015 Providence Ministries, All rights reserved.
For more teachings like this one (beginning at Genesis 1), visit our Join Us for Sabbath page.
PleaseÂ Contact Michael to help support his work in building Yehovahâ€™s kingdom on the earth.
Providence Ministries is NOT incorporated with any kingdom of this world. Providence Ministries is an affiliate of the Director of Ecclesiastical Enterprises, a Washington State acknowledged corporation sole of the ecclesia on file with the Secretary of the State. This charitable ministry is not for profit and maintains its nontaxable status consistent with 26 USC 508(c)(1)(A) of the Internal Revenue Code with respect to 501 (c)(3) organizations special rules as a â€œmandatory exception.â€